Vogels kweken, een leuke hobby


How to Feed a Caïque Parrot: A Complete Guide.

Caiques parrots are a popular pet bird for many households. When you adopt a Caique parrot, you’re not just acquiring a feathered friend, you’re also taking on the responsibility of providing proper care. If you want your caique to be healthy and happy, it’s important to provide them with the right food and diet. Here is everything you need to know about feeding your caique parrot.

What’s the right diet for a Caique?

The right diet for a Caique is a high-protein diet. Protein is good for their immune system and helps keep them fit. What does this mean? Well, it means that you should feed your caique a diet heavy in fruits and vegetables that are high in protein. You’ll also want to add the occasional seed or nuts into their food.

Protein should make up about 40% of your caique’s diet, while fruits and veggies should make up the other 60%. Keeping these proportions in mind will help you determine how much food to give them each day.

[content-egg-block template=offers_list next=4]

Supplements can also help supplement your caique’s diet if they aren’t eating enough of the right foods to meet their needs. Supplements often contain calcium, which can help strengthen your caique’s beak and nails. They can also provide vitamin D3 for bone production and green vegetable extract which contains antioxidants that fight against free radicals in your bird’s body.

There are many foods fit for a Caique’s diet. Many people feed their birds fruits, vegetables, and pellets. But if you want to offer your caique a nutritious diet, then you’ll need to give them fresh food as well. Some of the most popular foods that Caiques enjoy are bananas, apples, strawberries, peaches, grapes, blueberries, pears, oranges.

What should I do if my caique isn’t eating?

One of the most common questions owners have is how they can encourage their caique to eat. You should do a few things when your caique isn’t eating.

The first thing you should do is offer them fresh fruit and vegetables. These foods contain nutrients that will help your bird stay healthy.

You should also make sure your Caiques food is not too cold or too hot. It’s important to keep the temperature in moderation so they don’t get sick from an extreme change in temperature. You can use a bird-safe thermometer to monitor the bird’s food and water temperatures.

[content-egg module=Youtube template=simple]

Another way to help your caique eat better is by adding some food supplements, like Vitamin C, to their diet. This will give them more energy and encourage them to eat more because they’ll feel better about themselves!

When should you feed your caique parrots?

The first thing you’ll need to know about feeding your caique, is when. If you want them to be healthy and happy:

  1. Provide them with a nutritious diet three times a day.
  2. In the morning, feed them their morning meal.
  3. After lunch, give them their afternoon snack.

You can offer your caique some of their nighttime snack in the evening.

You should also consider the type of food that you’re giving them and how much they should eat at each sitting. Pretty much any food can be given to your caique but some foods are better than others for a few different reasons. For example, fruits and vegetables are great because they have lots of vitamins and minerals but they also have more natural sugars so it’s important to limit the fruit intake to one serving per day or less depending on your individual bird’s needs. Processed grains like breads and cereals are okay too but don’t overdo it with these since they’re not as nutrient-dense as fresh fruits and vegetables. Finally, raw beans and raw peas are good sources of protein for your bird but only feed him one serving per day or less since beans and peas contain high calcium levels, which could lead to kidney stones or other health issues if eaten too often or in large quantities.

[content-egg-block template=offers_list next=4]

How much should you feed your caique parrots?

Caiques need a high-protein diet that consists of a variety of foods. The amount you feed your bird will depend on their age, weight, and activity level. Your caique should get anywhere from 1-3 tablespoons of food per day. If the bird is young or inactive, it may only need ¼ – ¾ of a tablespoon per day. You can also hand-feed them smaller portions if they are very small or not eating well.


Feeding a Caique is a relatively easy task. You don’t have to worry too much about what to feed your caique as long as the food is healthy and fresh. As long as you’re giving your caique a variety of foods and watching what they’re eating, you should be good to go!



Laatste Reacties

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *